BearSaver - Mid-Size Food Storage Locker - FS24
For orders more than 24 units please call 888-671-7066 for a discount
BearSaver - Mid-Size Food Storage Locker - FS24
24 Cubic Foot Capacity Food Storage Locker
LATCHES ON ONE DOOR ONLY ELIMINATES CUMBERSOME EXTRA LATCHES ON SECOND DOOR. MUCH MORE USER FRIENDLY.
One of most popular models, the FS24 has enough capacity (24 cubic feet) for a family who is camping for a week.
There is room for two regular sized coolers and plenty of space left over for dry goods. Always paying attention to detail we have added hooks on the ceiling of the locker for hanging bags of dry goods. These heavy-duty enclosures with easy to use, self-latching doors will provide years of reliable services in all weather conditions.
An economically priced 24 cubic foot locker with plenty of room for a couple of large coolers. There's even enough room left over for all your dry goods. With a unique pitched roof, snow loads are not a problem and it gives it a great look as well.
This family of food storage lockers is proven in the field and ready for use in any campsite.
Proven with years of reliable service, BearSaver food storage lockers are the #1 choice of the National Park Service and United States Forest Service.
Not only bear resistant, these food storage lockers are also rodent resistant.
THE POCKET LATCH IS PATENTED UNDER U.S. 9,567,775 B2 AND 7,775,564 B2.
BearSaver Food Storage Lockers
BearSaver Bear-Proof Food Storage Lockers are rugged, high quality metal enclosures designed for safe and convenient food storage in campgrounds, picnic areas and trailheads. Our intermediate sized lockers are 15 (FS15) and 20 cubic feet, which are perfect for smaller campsites and trailheads. The 24 (FS24) and 30 (FS30) cu/ft lockers are large enough to hold an entire family’s food supply including two large ice chests.
The BearSaver latching system uses a pocket style touch latch with double spring bolt actuation on its standard enclosures. Our pocket style, self-closing touch latch is composed of zinc plated steel components and hardware. A child safety release handle on the inside of the enclosure is provided. The design is very simple for users to operate but is beyond the capabilities of bears.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
BearSaver Food Storage Lockers are designed for user friendly, accessible operation to ensure a consistent, high level of animal resistance. Large cupboard style doors ensure easy access for even the largest coolers. With enough room inside to open the cooler lids, the need for pulling heavy coolers out of the enclosure is eliminated, thus preventing back injuries. The doors can be opened with one hand and can be shut by simply swinging them closed. Constructed of galvannealed steel to withstand the abuses of weather, animals and campers, the BearSaver Food Storage Locker is designed to last for years. Using UV resistant powder coating and zinc coated hardware, these enclosures are meant to withstand the harshest of environments.
- RODENT RESISTANT - Rodents pose a risk to health and safety. Not only bear resistant, these food storage lockers are also rodent resistant.
- BearSaver lockers use galvaneeled steel on the entire cabinet for superior corrosion resistance. Competitors use steel plate which will rust over time.
- A child safety release handle on the inside of the enclosure is provided.
- The latch mechanism is proven and reliable. It uses two slam latches that recess securely into the reinforced cabinet. The left door is captured by the right door thus eliminating the need for extra latches.
- The easy-to-use latch lever requires no squeezing or gripping. It is actuated by simply inserting your four fingers into the pocket-style latch cup and pushing upward.
- The latch mechanism assembly, located on the inside of the right door, is completely shrouded to protect against contamination and binding.
- BearSaver lockers have alternate mounting options. They can bolted to a cement pad or mounted on our unique pole mount system in case there is not hard surface available.
- The backside of the doors are reinforced with a galvaneeled steel "hat" section to provide extra rigidity.
All handles, striker plates and hardware are zinc coated for corrosion resistance. The stainless steel door hinges are heavy-duty piano hinge material. The housing and doors are made from corrosion resistant steel and are finished using a textured powder coat process. The finish is resistant to humidity, salt spray, fog, ultraviolet rays, abrasion and chemicals. Standard powder coat colors are Forest Brown and Fir Green. Other colors, such as camel or tan for hot weather areas are available upon request.
- Product Name BearSaver - Mid-Size Food Storage Locker - FS24
- Manufacturer Name BearSaver
- Item # FS24
- Weight 296 lbs
- Assembled Width 48 in
- Assembled Height 40 in
- Assembled Length 29 in
- Shipped From Ontario, California 91761
- Warranty 1 year